Chinese Title: 巴不得媽媽...
English Title: Divas In Distress
Genre: Modern Comedy
Producer: Poon Ka Tak (Detective Investigation Files, Triumph in the Skies, The Hippocratic Crush)
Production: March - June 2012
Notable: Sister production of A Chip off the Old Block
RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 27, 2012
Chin Kar Lok
Former divas SEUNG YING HUNG (Liza Wang) and MIU SING HO (Gigi Wong) were initially colleagues under the same company, but for temporary superiority, the two end up fighting for 30 years and ruptures the relationship. If it wasn't for their teacher FUNG HAN MAN (King Sir) always in between them, they would basically cut off all relations. But the most satirical is HO's son CHIANG KA LONG (Chin Kar Lok) is in fact HUNG's son-in-law and HUNG's daughter lost her life from a miscarriage, which has left HUNG in deep sorrow. A wealthy girl HEUNG NAI HING (Eliza Sam) works as a reporter in the television station, suddenly appears by LONG's side and HO encourages her son to marry again to destroy HUNG. Meanwhile HUNG's son CHAK YAU SING (Him Law), who she had carefully raised to lead a successful life, unexpectedly falls in love with HO's renovation worker niece KWAI YI HEI (Mandy Wong). HUNG naturally self-destructs when she sees her son repeating history, becoming a clone of her daughter and LONG. CHAK and HEI's relationship triggers past hatred between HUNG and HO, while making it more complex at the same time. The two engage in a bitter and awful fight, leaving their children in a dilemma...(aZnangel)
- Liza is a former celebrity and Gigi's natural enemy.
- Him Law is Liza's son, an interior designer.
- Him and Mandy Wong are a bickering pair
- Gigi is a former celebrity.
- Chin Kar Lok is Gigi's son and Mandy is Gigi's niece.
- Chin Kar Lok is a photographer and is Him's brother-in-law.
- Mandy is a tomboy, a renovation worker.
- King Sir is Liza and Gigi's mentor.
- Ram Chiang is 'Chok Wong Fung' (intimating Raymond Lam)
- Mimi Chu is a celebrity, good friend of Liza.
- Eliza Sam is a news reporter, pursues Chin Kar Lok.